2010-07-28

Grape Cluster (Scrap Challenge)

       This is my scrap challenge for Scrappilyeverafter.  I've had this grape cluster rubber stamp for over 5 years.  I stamped some out on white cardstock but never knew what to do with them.  I bought a Martha Stewart punch last week (with a coupon of course), played around with some cardstock scraps and put them aside rather than throwing away.  A dedicated cardmaker NEVER throws scraps away...haha  Around that same time, I saw Dawn's ( My Stamping Thyme) blackberry cluster card on her blog and fell in love with her design. I didn't come close to the beauty of hers, but I am content with the outcome of mine.  It was her inspiration.  Thank you Dawn.  I don't have a sentiment for it yet...but when the time comes to send it to that special person, I will know.


Details: old grape cluster rubber stamp images, oval nestabilities (3 layers), dry embossing of squares on first layer, leaves embossing folder on 2nd layer, MS border punch, copic markers, and scrap ribbon.  (I would had rather use silk ribbon, but didn't want to buy since this was suppose to be made with scraps..this was the closest I could find to meet my needs). Size: 5x7


9 comments:

  1. Very pretty! First thing that caught my eye was the border punch! I like!! :)
    For the sentiment, how about you stamp a few of those great faces you have, and a "Need a Squeeze?" :) Or a sour face and a line to play off the "sour" (you can come up with something, I'm sure! You are great at the sentiments, and word play!).
    Nice job on this, Cely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card... I love it...
    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! That border punch works perfectly with the grapes!

    Deloris

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just lovely, absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. When I saw the border I immediately thought...oh I bet she cut that out on your machine. ;-) It's a great punch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love grapes and I love this. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colors! Thanks for playing with Meljens this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. I love the image! Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty...:) I love the way you colored your grapes.. They are beautiful. I am so glad that you got your card. I am going to be using the sewing machine card pattern you sent to me soon.. I will link up to your blog.. Your kindness meant so much to me. Hope you had a great trip. I just got back from CHA in Chicago...Thanks again Cely

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Your comment will be posted within the day.